Good data is of critical importance for meaningful analysis that will lead you to a diagnosis and a treatment plan for your patients. This course will take you through the steps of educating your patient, capturing and cleansing the data effectively and your initial analysis.
Accurate analysis of dynamic plantar pressure data enables you to provide an accurate diagnosis of your patient’s foot and leg dysfunction.
Even if the patient has no symptoms of pain or discomfort at present, dynamic plantar pressure analysis provides an assessment of their level of potential risk of injury.
Dynamic plantar pressure analysis also provides an accurate and objective comparison when you analyse the plantar pressure again after intervention and treatment. This allows you to provide a treatment plan which will reduce, manage and redirect the excessive forces and provide you with the confidence that the underlying cause is being addressed, as well as the symptoms.
This unit includes three examples of plantar pressure analysis;
- video demonstrations of the Sensor Medica Freestep software analysis
- a comparison of compensated and non-compensated forefoot supinatus
- analysis of feet with a high risk of ulceration, and
- leg length asymmetry analysis
- 5 X video sessions – a total of 60 minutes of content
- Unit Worksheet
- Test questions to assist your understanding and for you to receive an Achievement Certificate at the completion of the unit.